Monday, July 25, 2005

The Great North America, New Brunswick

My first point of entry to North America. I took every moment to experience the life and the people in this great corner of the Atlantic coast of Canada. I took many pictures of this place and still I kept asking myself what is the theme of this province. Or better yet, what is New Brunswick? In Europe, its easy to give the meaning of a particular place like France, Spain, Germany or any other European country. The definition of these countries are usually placed within the monuments, statues, language, castles, foods and cultural events, which all in all give a meaning of culture.

In North America, we have a different way to define our culture or nation. Our continent is comprised with small towns, big cities, farm lands and endless forest and lakes and streams. With this in mind, I just realized that the meaning of New Brunswick, it is the people that makes this place what it is. The friends I've made here were very kind and provided me with the greatest of hospitality. They took their time to drive me to different places (and let's not forget the parties) different towns and beautiful national parks and so on. These people are in my opinion are very simple and content with their lives. Their families are very close, as well as their community, everyone seem to know everyone else. I on the other hand, am no used to this type of closeness of family or a community. I come from Los Angeles, where my life is my life and most people don't give a damn what I do and sometimes no one really cares. This is not a cry for social change, this is the life I come from. But, there's also another side of me that wishes to have a friendly-simple life like those in New Brunswick. To Luke and his family and friends, I want to thank you all for giving me a good time and showing me around. Please, keep in touch.....



Friends,

Sidney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man,
It was definatly wicked having you here, and i know all of my friends loved u too. Its sucks u left but life goes on no matter how boring it may be! I will definatly be out your way sometime when i only wish i knew but someday i will. So thanks for stopping by it was awsome, kepp it real
Peace
Luke